Saturday, July 17, 2010

Week Three: Second Opinion

While Jenna enjoyed the ramen despite the initially lowered expectations, I didn't think Mama Pork Flavored Ramen did anything to prove my low expectations wrong. Yes, the cooking instructions involve Cup Noodle style steaming, but here's something you might not know about me:

I don't like Cup Noodles. I think the noodles are terrible. The texture, the shape, they just don't appeal to me.

For this reason, Mama Pork Flavored Ramen scores a little low. One thing I can't really fault the ramen for is the spicy flavor. I don't like spicy things, ramen included (though Jenna actually prefers her ramen spicy). With three different ingredient packets, Mama Pork Flavored Ramen doesn't force anything on you, but I dimly went ahead and included the small packet of chili powder.

I take responsibility for my mistake there and will make note that I shouldn't include that ingredient next time, if I mistakenly give Mama Pork Flavored Ramen a second try.

2 out of 5 chopsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment