Friday, June 11, 2010

Week One: Second Opinion

I might not have had the same Kimchi experience as Jenna, but ramen is ramen no matter how you spin it. Even if Samyang's Kimchi Ramen fell flat on its face, I knew I could still enjoy the ramen noodles.

I'm also slightly newer to the ramen that includes little freeze-dried vegetables. I don't think my palette has grown too accustomed to them yet. Honestly, I'm more worried about not letting them stick to the bottom of the pot than I am about their overall quality and flavor.

Opening up Kimchi Ramen was about as close as I came to tasting anything resembling a Kimchi flavor, but again, that might be my underdeveloped Kimchi palette. While the noodles were good, the broth seemed somewhere stuck between the usual salty fair ramen noodles seem to have made tradition and a hinted-at Kimchi taste. Still, I can't complain when I know that Ramen is about cooking-ease, a quick meal, and something that'll fill you up easily.

I'd say Kimchi Ramen was fairly easy to cook, though it's hard to find the 550c measuring mark on our liquid measuring cup, and it was good enough to eat again. I'm usually wary of spicy flavored food, but Kimchi Ramen wasn't too aggressive.

I give it 2.5 out of 5 chopsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment