Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ramen Experience: Week Two

Jenna and I are alternating our choices down the Ramen wall. While on the rare occasion we will be reviewing separate ramens in the same week, we'll more often be taking turns on the lead review, following up with a second opinion, like we did last week.

This week, we're tasting Nissin Demae Ramen's Satay Flavor. This Satay Flavor is created by a combination of soup base and sauce packets that serve as a nice break from the freeze dried vegetables. This pairing of flavorings creates a nuanced taste. It's not spicy or salty, it's nice. I don't have any real foundation for judging Satay Flavor, aside from some other easy to make asian foods, but it was pretty tasty!

In terms of ramen, Nissin's Satay Flavor doesn't end with a lot of broth. After bringing everything together in the pot, there wasn't much broth yet, but I actually think the lack of broth sets off the taste and texture of the noodles. The noodles absorb a lot of flavor and they seem thinner too. If you like ramen with a lot of noodles, like I do, Nissin's Satay Flavor is the way to go. Instead of filling up on broth, you can enjoy a lot of noodles, which are pretty flavorful on their own.

Without so much broth, Nissin's Satay Flavor seems to have a lot more quality in its noodles. The texture and quality of the noodles seems higher than most other ramens, as does the flavor. Still, I wish I could put my finger on what Satay flavor was supposed to be like anyways....

I give it 4 out of 5 chopsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment