Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ramen Experience: Week Four

Samyang Beef Flavored Ramen is the Delicioso! Food Blog's Ramen of the week.  Unfortunately for all the other ramen's we've reviewed, Samyang Beef is easily the best ramen I've tasted thus far.  Putting other ramens (especially Mama Pork Flavor) to shame, Samyang Beef has all the ingredients it takes to make a great ramen.

Firstly, Samyang Beef is the first ramen I've encountered with a packet of flakes that actually adds up to something worth noticing.  Seemed to me that the mushrooms were actually decent after being boiled back to life.  I've often times thought about completely excluding the packets of freeze-dried crud, but after having Samyang Beef, I'll give future miniature vegetables a try.

Secondly, Samyang Beef has an excellent broth.  Not too spicy, not too salty, flavorful enough to distinguish from another flavor, Samyang Beef broth is just right.  Honestly, I don't know how much "beef" flavor is in the broth, but what flavor there was worked really well this time around.

Finally, Samyang Beef wraps up the package with a metric ton of noodles.  Well, it isn't an actual metric ton, it just seems like a ton of noodles.  Somehow they have a nice consistency, absorb enough broth to be flavorful, and also maintain a slight chewiness.  I suppose this all depends on how long you boil them, but following the directions certainly produced excellent results, so I'd suggest starting there.

Samyang Beef is so good, I'm ready to try some other Samyang flavors of ramen soon.

4.5 out of 5 chopsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment